Saturday, January 12, 2013

Organizing an Unseen Mess


Today I decided to tackle a mess that I don't really see.  My kids have one of those cube set ups in their room.  Before we moved they had 2 and the bins were all cute in a checker board pattern.  Once we got to the new place, we appropriated one for our hallway and the boys were left with one cube shelving unit and all the bins.  Here's how it looked.  Not terrible,  but I knew what it looked like inside.
(Please try to ignore all the cords off to the side.  hehe)

The movers had chosen to just stuff a lot of the small stuff the kids had into these bins and then stuff the over filled bins into a large moving box.  Ugh.  Anyhow, I dealt with a bit of it, but not all of it.  Emptied it out and here's how it looked.

Not very pretty.


We went through and wound up with a full trash bag of stuff that needed to be tossed and a small bag of toys that will be donated.  I also found they had quite the candy stash.


In the end, after about 40 minutes of emptying and sorting, here's what we were left with.

Much better  :)  Yay for getting things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment