Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Organizing On A Budget

When I look around the web for organization ideas, I frequently find myself on pinterest.  The thing that strikes me most is that there are so many beautiful ideas for organization, but so few that seem budget friendly.  I know there are lots that have items from the dollar store, which makes it less expensive, but looking at some of the pictures, they've purchased 20 of this item, 10 of that item, 12 of these and 5 of those.  It adds up.  I don't know about you, but I just don't have the cash to spare these days.  Of course, I still want to be able to organize and have it look at least a little bit nice.  Using matching boxes and tubs would be great, but its not in the cards right now.  So what's a girl to do?

I'm going to closet shop and see if that gives me any options, the biggest problem with this is that after 2 garage sales and a massive purge, I'm not sure I'll have anything left that isn't already serving a purpose.  Hopefully I can find a few things that will inspire me, if not then I'm left with a couple of other options. The first one being, live with things as they are, neat and tidy.  The second is that I can try my hand at thrifting some storage options (my biggest issue here is that I sometimes can't see past what something is to what it could be.).  Last option is use the little bit I have left on an Ikea gift card to pick up a few small organizational items.

My goals are to better organize my little pantry.  To give you an idea of how big that space is, the door is 18 inches wide and standard height.  Obviously it's slightly more roomy inside, off hand I think there are 5 shelves.  To add some small storage both bathrooms (the master bathroom is the one most in need of this) and to give my little laundry room a greater sense of purpose.  Hehe.

Not really wanting to spend too much cash right now, I'll probably go with a combination of 1 and 3.  Who knows, maybe I'll go crazy and give all 3 a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment