Friday, October 19, 2012

Product Review! Glade Fragrance Mist and Oil Diffuser!


Through BzzAgent, I was able to try out a new product by Glade for free.  (BzzAgent.. check them out!  www.bzzagent.com )  Here are my thoughts on it, I know you're just dying to know!  ;)





I always find myself looking for something to make the house smell nice (I have 10 and 11 year old boys in the home!).  Be it sprays, reed diffusers, candles, whatever.  So, it was no big leap for me to try out these two Glade Expressions products.

First, I want to say that overall, my impression of supermarket scents isn't this good.  Glade, in the past, has been my favorite.  I prefer it over Febreeze, Renuzit, etc.  That being said, it still wasn't my favorite way to buy scents.  There, that's out of the way.  :)

Okay!  So I first got my hands on the Fragrance Mist.  I opted for the Fugi Apple and Cardamom Spice and I love, love, love the scent.  It smells just like fresh apples.  It doesn't feel overpowering at all, which sometimes happens with sprays.  In the beginning I was feeling as though the scent was fading faster than it should which was disappointing, however, I later found that I was wrong!  The problem wasn't the spray, it was that I had just gotten used to it.  After leaving the house for a period of time and coming back, I was absolutely able to smell the lovely apple scent.  Score!

On to the design of the mister.  I was a bit back and forth on this.  It's pretty enough to look at, sleek, white, and it can be placed anywhere without it totally interfering with your decor, though, it's still plenty obvious that it's an air fragrance.  I felt that when I started using it, every time I would squeeze to spray, it felt more difficult then it should have.  I wanted it to be easier and I wanted the mist to be more even.  I found myself getting a small dribble on my hand each time.  All that said..I can tell you this.  A few adjustments with regard to my hand placement and boom! problem solved.  :)  Yay!  I should also note that replacing the canister is a breeze.

On to the Oil Diffuser.  For this one I chose the Lavender and Juniper Berry Scent.  I should first tell you that I am not a huge fan of floral scents.  Never have been.  I wasn't able to find any other scents though, and really wanted to give this diffuser a try.

Got it out of the box and was immediately able to smell the fragrance.  The instructions were clear and the diffuser was very easy to put together.

For the first few days the smell was a bit overpowering for my nose, actually giving me a headache if I was near it too long.  This could be a combination of the diffuser soaking up the scent and the fact that I'm just not a fan of the florals.  Now, though, it's had time to be absorbed and it's not nearly as strong.  It's more of a "just right" feeling.  I have it placed on my tv stand and it looks cute, with its little cut out design and the way it's positioned in my place it allows the scent to fill the small entryway, part of the kitchen and the living room.

Overall, my experience with both the Mist and the Diffuser was great and I'll certainly be buying both products again.  I will, however, be staying away from the Lavender and Juniper Berry scent!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment